How To Cook On An Electric Stove?
If this is your first time to move out and you live in a tiny little apartment, the best option to have as your primary cooking equipment is an electric stove. It would be a perfect fit in your lovely kitchen. But do you know how to cook on an electric stove? This article covers the important things that you need to remember when cooking on an electric stove, so be sure to read until the end.
Electric Stove Guide
The thing that can scare you the most about the electric stove is the fact that it is run by electricity. In addition to that, cooking on an electric stove can be a bit tricky if you are just a beginner.
So here is a quick guide on how to cook on an electric stove.
- Prepare your stove. Make sure that your stove is away from any wet surfaces.
- Next, get the cable of the electric stove and plug it on a power source.
- Then, place your pot on the burner of the stove.
- The next step on how to cook on an electric stove would be to locate the knob and turn it on. To do this, make sure that you slightly push the knob first before you rotate.
- You will know that the stove has turned on once the light indicator is visible.
- You can always adjust the knob depending on how much you want to increase or decrease the heat of the stove.
How to Clean an Electric Stove
Imagine having a clean and healthy-looking kitchen in just a snap. But unfortunately, that cannot be easily done. In fact, you do have to really put extra effort into cleaning, especially if you are using an electric stove.
Below are some effective ways on how to maintain the cleanliness of your electric stove:
- Use the baking soda method.
- To start, unplug the electric stove from the power source.
- Let it cool down before you wash it thoroughly with dish soap and water.
- Then, make a paste out of baking soda and a few drops of water. Mix it until a paste-like texture is produced.
- Apply the baking soda paste to your electric stove and make sure to coat every part. Let the paste stay on the electric stove for about 25 minutes.
- After that, wipe off the paste using a brush and then rinse it with water.
- Dry the electric stove completely using a paper towel.
There you have it. Learning how to cook on an electric stove is just an easy peasy job. And cooking on a conventional stove and on an electric stove does not differ much. But since this stove, unlike the conventional, is powered by electricity, you should be extra careful when cooking.