How To Clean A Microwave Filter?
The thought of dirt and grease in your microwave is truly a disgusting scene. Can you remember when was the last time you had a clean microwave vent filter? Don’t worry, if you don’t know how to clean microwave filter efficiently, then this article has your back.
Clean it Up
A microwave is a life saver. It gives you the convenience that you need whenever you’re on the go or you are racing against time. It can do anything – from cooking, reheating foods, and even baking your most favorite goods. That is why it is prone to dirt and grease, especially its filter. So how to clean microwave filter? Check out the steps below.
How to clean microwave filter?
- Unplug the microwave from the power source.
- Once the microwave is set, take the time to find the filter.
- Remove the filter from the microwave. If you do not know how to do it, then you can seek help from your manufacturer’s manual.
- Take it to the sink, and wash it with clean water and dish soap.
- If there is stubborn dirt that the soap cannot remove, you can use baking soda to ease up the process.
- To do this, grab a baking soda from your pantry, and mix it with a few drops of water. Make sure that you stir it well to have the paste-like texture that you will be needing.
- Coat your microwave filter with it, especially in those places where dirt and grease build-up are still visible.
- Leave the paste on the microwave filter for about 20 minutes.
- After the timer, get a brush and scrub the filter with it. Brush it well to remove the remaining grease and dirt.
- You can now rinse the microwave filter with clean water, dry it completely, and put it back to its place in the microwave.
Clean Microwave Filter Regularly
All microwave ovens are protected with grease filters, which help get rid of the unwanted smell produced after many cooking and baking sessions. They also help protect the interior of your ovens. That is why it is a must to give it a regular cleaning, so it would still do its job well.
Take note of the following:
- A dirty microwave oven filter affects the amount of time to increase or lower the temperature inside your oven when you cook.
- Also, a dirty oven filter could be a breeding ground for germs and bacteria that can potentially increase health risks.
You have just learned how to clean microwave filter in the easiest, cheapest, and most effective way. As an owner, you really have to maintain the cleanliness of every part of this cooking appliance not only to protect it and prolong its life but also to protect you and your family.