How Long To Cook Chicken Thighs In The Oven
How long to cook chicken thighs in oven? Actually, it won't take you more than an hour. The higher temperature you set your oven, the faster it gets to cook. That is why a baked chicken thigh recipe is a great main dish option. Aside from being delicious, it's quick and easy to prepare, especially on a busy weeknight.
Chicken Thighs: Baking Time Guide
Few factors are affecting how long to cook chicken thighs in oven.
Factor 1. Boneless or not - Boneless and skinless chicken thighs are way faster to bake compared to the one with bones. It will only take 10 minutes or even less, and you can already take the chicken out of the oven.
Factor 2. Temperature - The higher the temperature, the faster it gets for your chicken thighs to cook, especially the ones with bones and skin.
Here's a guide for how long you will have to bake the chicken thighs with bones at a specific temperature.
- Chicken Thighs at 350 °F or 177°C will take 50-55 minutes
- Chicken Thighs at 375°F or 190°C will take 45-50 minutes
- Chicken Thighs at 400°F or 200°C will take 40-45 minutes
- Chicken Thighs at 425°F or 220°C will take 35-40 minutes
Note that you will have to make sure that there's no more pink color at the bone. In case you still see pink, let it bake for a few more minutes.
Classic Baked Chicken Thighs - Simple And Delicious Recipe
Here's a simple chicken thigh recipe that you can try for your weekday dinner.
You are going to need the following:
- 6 pieces chicken thighs bone-in and with skin
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 to 3 tablespoons of chicken seasoning or Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
What to do:
- Step 1. Set the oven to 425°F or 220°C to preheat.
- Step 2. Get your baking sheet and put a foil in it. Next is to put a baking rack on top of the sheet.
- Step 3. Remove some moisture off the chicken thigh by patting it with dry paper towels.
- Step 4. Add in the chicken seasoning or Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Make sure to rub it on the chicken to coat it evenly. Then drizzle some olive oil.
- Step 5. Put the chicken thighs on the rack and start baking it for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Step 6. You may use a meat thermometer to determine if it has reached the desired internal temperature or at least the safe cooking temperature for chicken, which is 165°F.
- Step 7. Once the chicken thighs are done, take them out of the oven.
- Step 8. Transfer it on a plate and serve.
There are several ways to cook chicken thighs. Baking them is one way. You can play around with the recipes, like adding some herbs and spices that you prefer. You may add some sides to serve along with the chicken or some sauce too. That's going to be one delicious main dish.