How To Use An Electric Grill: Easy User Guide
If you just bought an electric grill, you are one of many people who can't resist the convenience of this amazing cooking device. You've just opened your doors to more possibilities, and we're here to show you how by starting with the basics on how to use electric grill.
Electric Grill Basics: Types, Uses And Safety Tips
If you want to make the most out of your electric grill, you have to know what type you have or want and understand its uses to work on the best recipes for your grill type. In learning how to use electric grill, we have to start with the basics.
Types And Uses Of Electric Grills
There are generally two types of electric grills:
1. Open grill - imitates the outdoor grill and is usually larger.
- cooks faster and handles significant amounts of food, which makes it perfect for parties and gatherings.
2. Contact grill - uses two heated plates, which presses the ingredients you are cooking together.
- this suits people who are more conscious of their diet and have no time or space for an outdoor grill setup.
Steps For Using An Electric Grill For The First Time
It's time for the second most exciting moment after unboxing your electric grill, and that's finally knowing how to use electric grill for the first time. The rules are generally the same for both types, with a few differences depending on the manufacturer's instructions.
- Step 1 - Always keep your manufacturer's manual handy for use.
- Step 2 - Set up your grill and clear the space for cooking. Remove any plastic or flammable equipment within range.
- Step 3 - Wipe down dust or residue on your electric grill with a wet paper towel.
- Step 4 - Put avocado or olive oil in a spray bottle and spray it on your electric grill, since a light spritz is all it needs.
- Step 5 - Preheat the grill and check your manual for the correct timing for different food choices.
- Step 6 - Use tongs when cooking for safety purposes.
- Step 7 - When you're finished, switch it off and unplug your electric grill.
Safety Reminders When Using An Electric Grill
- Electric grills are very hot. Don't use your hands when removing food from the grill.
- Always utilize a clear and safe space for cooking with an electric grill. When it becomes hot, it can melt other items close to it.
- Invest in a grill stand for your open grill so you can freely position it in a safe place.
- Use enough oil on your electric grills, and don't cook on an electric grill with too much grease.
- Keep your electric grill away from any water and keep the cords safe and dry.
- Be cautious about the limits of your electric grill. Since not all grills are the same, it's best to always be guided by the manufacturer's manual.
Learning how to use electric grill is easy but operating it safely can be challenging. Enjoying your electric grill is all about learning how to make the most of it, and with the basics locked down, you can start working on some amazing electric grill recipes.