How To Use An Electric Pressure Cooker
Pressure cooking is the manner of cooking food using a pressure cooker. The food is cooked in water or any water-based cooking liquid and exposed under high temperatures. This article will cover how to use an electric pressure cooker and how it's going to make your life so much easier.
Learning How To Use It
People who are not so much into technology might be hesitant to use an electric pressure cooker. But if you will just take the time to learn it, you will realize that it is easy and more convenient to use. Here's a guide on how to use an electric pressure cooker.
- Step 1. Prepare the food that you need to pressure cook along with the other ingredients. Next is put it in the pressure cooker.
- Step 2. Add the 1 1/2 cups water or the liquid that you will use to cook the food.
- Step 3. Secure the cover and place the valve in an accurate setting.
- Step 4. Press the desired cooking program as well as the time.
- Step 5. Your electric pressure cooker comes with a screen where you can see a display of the cook time countdown.
- Step 6. Once the countdown is done, slightly open the valve to slowly release the pressure. That's it. You're done!
How Can You Benefit From Electric Pressure Cooker
The Stovetop pressure cooker pretty much works the same as the electric pressure cooker. But for some good reasons below, you may want to choose an electric one.
- Automatic steam release - Electric pressure cooker comes with a feature that automatically releases steam before the pressure inside gets too high. Therefore, an exploding pressure cooker is totally off the table, so you don't have to worry about that.
- Easier to clean - You can easily disassemble the electric pressure cooker when you want to clean it. The pot comes with a non-stick coating making it easier to remove food residue after cooking.
- Safety features - The electric pressure cooker comes with some safety features to prevent accidents, just like its lid. You can’t open it unless the pressure inside has lowered.
The Drawback Of Electric Pressure Cooker
No tool or device is perfect. There will always be some cons. Here are the downsides of getting an electric pressure cooker.
- Pricey - Of course, with all the good features, it always comes with a price. An electric pressure cooker is more expensive compared to the stovetop pressure cooker.
- You can't make adjustments - When you cook, you have to measure your ingredients because pressure cooking won't let you conveniently adjust the taste while cooking in the process. Not unless you'll have to force stop the cooker.
An electric pressure cooker is expensive but can be a good investment. It will save you so much time. It will help you shift to a healthier way of cooking, and it's built for your safety.