How To Make Mac And Cheese In The Microwave
Microwaves can do more than just heating your food. It also allows you to do simple baking, grilling, roasting, blanching, boiling, and steaming food items. One of the best comfort food you can make is the mac and cheese. Let's learn how to make mac and cheese in the microwave.
Easy Way To Make Mac And Cheese - Satisfy Your Craving
How to make mac and cheese in the microwave is easy. In fact, this method is easier instead of doing it on the stovetop. It's also a faster way to satisfy your craving for those cheesy noodles.
What you need:
- a large microwavable mug
- a liquid measuring cup
- 1/3 cup elbow macaroni noodles
- some store-bought shredded cheese
- 1/2 cup of water
What to do:
Step 1. Prepare and measure all the ingredients needed.
Step 2. Place the 1/3 cup elbow macaroni noodles in your microwavable mug and pour in 1/2 cup of water.
Step 3. Put the mug inside the microwave. You will have to heat it intermittently for about 4 to 5 minutes. First, set it to two minutes, then open the microwave to check and stir the macaroni. Put it back inside the microwave for another two minutes, then check and stir. If you think the macaroni is already cooked, you can proceed to the next step. If not, return the mug in the microwave and set it again for another 1 to 2 minutes.
Step 4. Once macaroni noodles are cooked, add your milk and some shredded cheese. Stir it well and put it inside the microwave.
Step 5. Set microwave timer for another 30 seconds to 1 minute. Once done, remove from the microwave, stir and enjoy.
Brownie In A Mug: Dessert In One Minute
Craving for something sweet? We got you! Here is another recipe you can try using your microwave. This brownie in a mug will only take you a minute to cook in the microwave.
What you need:
- a microwavable mug
- 3 tbsp of all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp of brown sugar
- 3 tbsp of Cocoa Powder
- 3 tbsp of oil, preferably flavorless like canola oil/coconut oil/sunflower oil.
- 3 tbsp of water
- a pinch of salt
- 1/2 tspn vanilla extract
- 2 tspn chocolate chips
- a scoop of ice cream (optional)
- chocolate syrup (optional)
What to do:
- Step 1. Prepare and measure all ingredients.
- Step 2. Combine all ingredients in a microwavable mug.
- Step 3. Put the mug inside the microwave. Set the time for 1 minute.
- Step 4. Once done, allow the mug to cool first before you take it out.
- Step 5. Enjoy your brownie in a mug. You can upgrade it by adding a scoop of ice cream on top and some chocolate syrup.
Do not underestimate what your microwave can do as it made more than just to heat your food. Try to make the mac and cheese and brownie. They are easy to make and definitely delicious.