How To Get Burnt Smell Out Of Microwave: Cleaning Hacks
If you frequently use your microwave to heat or cook food, some food residue and odor will most likely stick inside the microwave. Unpleasant smell can't be prevented, and it is something that can be a bit difficult to get rid of. In this article, we will cover how to get burnt smell out of microwave.
Getting Rid Of Unpleasant Smell
It's essential to make sure that your microwave doesn't have that smoky burnt smell that can affect the flavor of other food you heat in the microwave. Here's how to get burnt smell out of microwave in five easy steps.
- Get a damp cloth or tissue and remove any food residues and loose dirt inside the microwave.
- Make the water and vinegar solution. Combine 1 cup water and 3 tablespoons of vinegar and heat it inside the microwave for about two to three minutes.
- Once you are done heating, leave the boiled water and vinegar solution inside the microwave for about 10 minutes. This will allow enough time for the steam to settle and to loosen any stuck debris and eliminate the unpleasant smell.
- Open the microwave and get another damp clean cloth and wipe the inside of the microwave.
- Let the microwave air out to by leaving it open for about an hour.
Other Cleaning Agents You Can Use
Vinegar is not the only thing you can use to get rid of the unpleasant odor in your microwave. Before you resort to commercial cleansers, you can try these other cheap alternatives below.
- Lemon water - This is going to leave your microwave a sweet citrus smell. You'll be needing half a lemon, water, and bowl that you can safely use in a microwave. Squeeze the lemon juice in the bowl of water. Once all the juice is out, put the fruit in the juice and water mixture. Put it inside the microwave and heat for 3 minutes. Let the steam settle inside before opening the microwave and cleaning it with a sponge or cloth.
- Baking Soda and water mixture - Baking soda is also one of the effective cleaning agents you can use to clean your microwave. Mix baking soda and water. Use the ratio is 2:1 to make a thicker mixture and microwave it for about five minutes. Leave the mixture inside the microwave for more than an hour, or you can leave it the entire day before you open it and clean.
- Ground coffee with water - The scent of coffee is perfect in eliminating the unwanted smell. Mix ground coffee with water in a microwavable bowl. Microwave for about three minutes and let the steam settle before opening the microwave and cleaning it. You will then be left with that good coffee aroma.
Sometimes, the unpleasant smell in the microwave is unpreventable. It's frustrating especially is that smell affects the flavor of your food. Clean your microwave regularly. It's not that difficult to do.