How To Get Burnt Popcorn Smell Out Of The Microwave
Movie night doesn't only leave you with memories and plot surprises. It can also leave you with the lingering smell of burnt popcorn in your microwave. Before you heat your next meal, learn how to get burnt popcorn smell out of microwave with some easy freshening tips.
Easy Tips For Removing Burnt Popcorn Smell From The Microwave
Popcorn smells heavenly, but burnt popcorn is another story. Here are some ways on how to get burnt popcorn smell out of microwave:
White vinegar and water mixture:
- Step 1 - Prepare a bowl with half cup water and one tablespoon of white vinegar.
- Step 2 - Put it in the microwave for 5 minutes and allow it to sit for 15 minutes longer before opening the microwave door.
- Step 3 - Remove the bowl and wipe down the interiors using a wet paper towel.
Sponge and baking soda:
- Step 1 - Dampen a sponge with vinegar.
- Step 2 - Sprinkle it with baking soda on top.
- Step 3 - Put the sponge in the microwave and set it for 25 seconds.
- Step 4 - When finished, wipe the interiors with the same sponge.
If you have extra time on your hands, you can try the following options:
- Tip 1 - Open a box of baking soda and leave it inside your microwave overnight.
- Tip 2 - Place coffee grounds in a bowl and leave it inside the microwave while you're out.
- Tip 3 - Microwave two tablespoons of coffee grounds in half a cup of water for 3 minutes.
Using Natural Scents To Freshen Your Microwave
Learning how to get burnt popcorn smell out of microwave may seem challenging if you don't like the smell of vinegar or coffee. A more agreeable scent to freshen your microwave is the use of citrus.
Option 1: Use orange slices
- Step 1 - Peel two oranges and place their peels in a bowl of 2 cups water.
- Step 2 - Microwave the bowl of water with the orange peels for 4 minutes.
- Step 3 - Keep an eye on the bowl to avoid burning the peels and to ensure the water does not overflow.
- Step 4 - Leave the bowl of orange peels inside the microwave overnight for 12 hours.
Option 2: Use lemon essential oils
- Step 1 - Place two tablespoons of water in a plate.
- Step 2 - Add two drops of lemon essential oil.
- Step 3 - Microwave the mixture on high for at least one minute.
- Step 4 - Place a sponge on the plate to absorb the water.
- Step 5 - Use the same sponge to wipe down the interiors of your microwave.
Now that you know how to get burnt popcorn smell out of microwave with some freshening tips, you can use the same methods for when you have a lingering stench in your microwave.