How To Defrost Ground Beef In The Microwave
Frozen foods are no match for your microwave. Thawing is one of the most popular uses of microwaves in households, even in commercial kitchens.
If you have not tried thawing meat with this dependable appliance, it’s time that you do. It is proven safer than defrosting at room temperature.
How to defrost ground beef in microwave, you ask? Scroll on for the proper method and more tips on food safety.
How To Freeze Meat Safely
Freezing and defrosting are not just steps in preparing food. These are methods to keep your food safe for consumption.
If you are planning on buying frozen ground beef for a picnic on the coming weekend, head to a reputable meat shop or the meat section in the supermarket.
Select one with a tightly-wrapped plastic package. Make sure that the package is not loose, no holes, and not torn. Then, put it in another plastic bag to prevent leaking juices to go into your other grocery products. Always separate raw meat from ready-to-cook food items.
To store meat safely, freeze or refrigerate it immediately once you get home. You can store the meat in the freezer for two days in its original packaging if you can cook it soon.
However, if you need to store it a little longer, you need to place it in the freezer. To store ground beef in the freezer, follow these steps:
- Remove the meat from its original packaging.
- Place the ground beef in a freezer-safe sealable plastic bag.
- Before sealing, use a rolling pin to flatten the meat. It should be half an inch thick.
- Seal and label the bag.
- Place it in the freezer.
How To Thaw Ground Beef In Microwave
Now, let us discuss the main topic of this article—how defrost ground beef in microwave. There are different ways to thaw ground beef. Among these, using the microwave is the quickest method.
- Take out the zip-top bag containing the frozen ground beef.
- Remove the beef from the plastic bag.
- Then, place it on a plate in the microwave or a microwave-safe plate.
- Then, put the plate in the microwave and heat it for two to three minutes at 50% power.
- Flip the meat every 45 seconds until thoroughly thawed.
- Cook the ground beef immediately.
If you are not in a hurry and you have planned your meal ahead, you can thaw the frozen ground beef in the refrigerator. Transfer the frozen meat from the freezer to the refrigerator the night before you plan to cook it. Make sure that you put the meat in a dish to prevent leaking to other food products.
Basic knowledge of proper freezing and thawing your meat is essential to preparing safe and healthy food for your family.
How to defrost ground beef in microwave is simple and easy. However, you should still be careful that you do it safely.