How To Cook Turkey Breast In The Oven: Cooking Tips
The food that never goes out in the table during Thanksgiving and other special occasions is the mighty turkey! It has been a tradition to cook and eat turkey during special occasions. But the turkey becomes a total turn off when it is not properly cooked. That is why in this article, we will teach you how to cook turkey breast in an oven.
Benefits of Eating Turkey
Seeing turkey on dinner tables is usual. But have you ever wondered about the benefits of eating turkey? We will first discuss this before we teach you how to cook turkey breast in oven.
Actually, the star of the table, turkey, is low in fat. It has anti-cancer properties and can enhance mood. Aside from that, the meat contains vitamin B6 and niacin that encourages a good energy production in our body. It is also a good source of protein and amino acid tryptophan that is good in muscle buildup and aid for insomnia.
After knowing this, we bet you’ll be raising turkeys in your backyard or eat turkey more often.
Cooking the Turkey Breast
We know how excited you are to cook turkey breast in the oven. Don’t worry, the steps are just easy, and you don’t need to be a professional to get a perfectly cooked turkey breast! So if you’re ready, follow the instructions below.
What you need:
- Oven-safe skillet or baking dish
- Measuring spoons
- 6 potatoes
- 3 onions
- 1 tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil or unsalted butter
- Kitchen brush
- Half teaspoon of ground pepper
- Aluminum foil
What to do:
- Prepare the turkey breast. Make sure that it is clean and not frozen.
- Wash the potatoes thoroughly and cut in half.
- Peel and cut the onions into two.
- Preheat the oven in 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a bowl, add the olive oil or butter, salt, rosemary, and pepper.
- Get the skillet or baking dish and put the potato and onions first.
- Put in the turkey breast in the middle of the potatoes and onion. Make sure that it is free from water so the seasonings will coat well.
- Brush the turkey all over with the liquid seasoning that you prepared.
- Put the turkey in the oven and adjust the temperature to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Wait until it cooks for 1 hour.
- Check the turkey if it’s cooked thoroughly.
- To make sure it is cooked well, cover it with an aluminum foil and set it back in the oven for another 15 minutes.
- Take it out of the oven.
- Let it cool a little bit.
- Enjoy it with your friends and family.
Well-Cooked and Delicious Turkey Meat for Dinner
The star of the table has traditionally been the turkey. Either on thanksgiving or special occasion, the celebration isn’t complete without it on our dinner table. And now that you know how to cook turkey breast in an oven, you can surprise your loved ones with this recipe!