How To Clean Toaster Oven Tray
Toaster ovens are typically used to warm frozen food, roast vegetables, and prepare easy breakfast meals. They are also great for making small batches of sweet goods like cookies and brownies, and so much more.
A toaster oven is a proven versatile piece of equipment in the kitchen. And, while it is doing so much work, it inevitably collects grease and food residues through time.
In this article, we will share tips on how to clean toaster oven tray and the whole appliance for your benefit. Learn as you read on.
Why Clean Your Toaster Oven?
Tidy and well-maintained equipment guarantee safer and more energy-efficient kitchen activities.
If you are using your toaster oven without cleaning it for months, you should notice by now the thick grease build-up in its interior. Food residues may have also accumulated and got burned during each cooking process, giving off a charred smell in your food.
You also risk food contamination if you leave food residues hanging around your oven for a long time.
How Do You Clean Your Toaster Oven?
Each appliance comes with a user’s manual wherein specific instructions on proper care and maintenance are listed. Make sure that you consult the manual before cleaning.
If you do not have access to the manual, you can follow the method shared here. Clean your toaster oven weekly to maintain its good condition.
Cleaning The Interior
- Unplug your toaster oven before cleaning. Also, make sure that it had cooled off.
- Proceed by removing the baking rack and oven tray.
- Get rid of loose food residues inside your toaster oven. You can wipe them off with a dry cloth or brush.
- If crumbs and other food residues are sticking in tight spots or corners, use an old toothbrush or pastry brush to brush them away.
- Mix two tablespoons of white vinegar and ½ cup of hot water.
- Dip a sponge into the mixture. Wring your sponge so that it is damp.
- Wipe the interior of your toaster oven with the smoother side of your sponge. Avoid using hard brushes or similar tools that may scratch the surface. Keep your hands off the heating elements.
- Leave the toaster oven door open to air dry the interior.
To Clean The Crumb Tray
To clean toaster oven tray, use a softy sponge and soapy water and gently scrub off baked-on grease and stubborn residues.
If you cannot remove stubborn grime by using a sponge, soak your tray in soapy water for a few hours. Then, scrub it with a sponge again. Rinse properly, then dry.
Cleaning The Exterior
- Take a clean microfiber cloth or sponger and dampen it with water.
- Wipe down the outside of your toaster, including the glass door.
- If you want to use a commercial spray-on cleaner, make sure it fits the purpose. Avoid using cleaning products with harsh chemicals.
- When using a commercial cleaning product, apply it first on the sponge or cloth before wiping down the exterior of your toaster oven.
Here, you have learned how to clean toaster oven tray, the interior, and its exterior. Use this knowledge to keep your oven clean and safe.