How To Bake A Potato In The Microwave: Easy Steps
Potatoes are one of the healthy carbs. They are rich in fiber and other vitamins and minerals, such as vitamins C and B6. Aside from its healthy benefit, potatoes are our usual go-to when we think of something easy to make for lunch, dinner, or even snacks. Let's learn how to bake a potato in the microwave.
Baked Potato In 10 Minutes
Here's an easy guide on how to bake a potato in the microwave.
What you need:
- a microwavable pate
- One russet potato
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Butter, for serving
What to do:
- Step 1. Wash the potato under running water to remove the dirt. Use a dry cloth to dry the potato.
- Step 2. Poke holes on the potato using a fork three times on one side. Next is flip it and poke three times again on the other side. Poking holes on the potato will allow it to cook faster on the inside.
- Step 3. Place the potato on a microwave-safe plate and put it inside the microwave.
- Step 4. Cook the potato in the microwave for 4 minutes. Once done, flip the potato to cook the other side. Set time for another 4 minutes.
- Step 5. Check if the potato is already cooked. If not, microwave it again in 1-minute increments until it is completely done.
- Step 6. Let it rest for 2 minutes to allow it to cool down.
- Step 7. Cut the potato in the middle, drizzle salt and pepper, and top it with butter. Now enjoy your microwave baked potato.
Potato Wedges: Quick And Healthy Snack
Here's another potato recipe that you can try cooking in your microwave. Perfect snack at any time of the day.
What you need:
- 3 medium-size potatoes
- 2 tablespoons of butter or margarine
- 1/4 teaspoon of basil
- 1/4 teaspoon of garlic salt
What to do:
- Step 1. Clean your potatoes by scrubbing them under running water. Next is dry them with a clean cloth.
- Step 2. Cut the potatoes into wedges.
- Step 3. Get your safe microwave plate and melt two tablespoons of butter or margarine.
- Step 4. Add 1/4 teaspoon of basil and 1/4 teaspoon of garlic salt. Note that you can play with the spices that you like. You can use paprika and cayenne pepper. Or if you want it simple, just use salt and pepper.
- Step 5. Toss the wedges on the plate and coat it the margarine and herbs mixture.
- Step 6. Cover and cook in the microwave for about 8 to 10 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- Step 7. Once done, leave it first inside the microwave for the steam to subside and cool a little.
- Step 8. Take out the cooked wedges and enjoy.
Sure, you can fry potatoes, steam, boil, or bake them. But you can microwave them too. It's an easy and healthy snack to make that you can enjoy all day, every day.