How Many Watts Does An Electric Skillet Use?
More and more people are making energy-efficient choices in their daily life. It’s not just about saving money. It’s also about contributing to a healthier environment.
We consume energy with our appliances. Therefore, it is wise to know how much electricity each appliance can potentially consume before we even purchase them.
If you are planning on buying an electric skillet, you may wonder how many watts does an electric skillet use. We are here to help. We will share a formula on how to calculate power consumption, which will work for all of your appliances. Let’s begin.
Why Save Electricity?
If more people consume lesser power than they do now, the amount of toxic fumes released by power plants will be significantly reduced.
Less toxic means a higher chance for our ecosystem to thrive and even recover from previous damages.
To reduce energy consumption, you can do these simple things:
- Turn off and unplug any appliance that is not in use.
- Turn off unnecessary lights. If you can, utilize natural light.
- Fix leaky faucets and pipes.
- Take shorter showers. Also, turn off faucets when brushing, shaving, or applying soap during hand-washing.
- Run full loads in your washing machine. You can also save on energy if you wash on cold and skip the dryer. Hang your clothes dry.
- Keep your freezer and refrigerator at their ideal temperatures. For the fridge, it should be between 2 to 3 degrees Celcius. For the freezer, it should be -18 degrees Celcius.
- Choose high-quality, energy-efficient appliances. There are options that do not cost a fortune. Be wise on your purchases.
Power Consumption Of An Electric Skillet
An electric skillet has temperature control allowing heat to remain constant during the cooking process. It also has a heating surface that keeps your food warm before serving.
An electric skillet can be an energy-efficient kitchen tool. However, it still depends on how you use it. Always consult the instruction manual to get the best of this appliance.
Calculate Power Consumption
When buying an electric skillet or any appliance, you can see its wattage information on its retail package or instruction manual. On average, an electric skillet uses 1500 watts to cook food at 400 degrees Fahrenheit. There should also be low wattage electric skillet available in the market.
The answer to your question of how much electricity does an electric skillet use depends on its wattage and the number of hours you use it daily. This applies to all of your appliances too.
For example, if you have a 1500-watt electric skillet running for two hours in a day, you are consuming 3,000 watts per day. Multiply it to 30 days to know its average monthly energy consumption. The result is 90,000 watts.
Convert 90,000 watts to kilowatt. Note that 1 kilowatt is 1,000 watts. The result is 90 kilowatts.
To translate this to cost, know the price per kilowatt-hour charged by your energy provider.
For example, if the price per kilowatt-hour is $0.12, multiply it with the calculated monthly consumption, which is 90 kilowatts. The result is 750 cents or $7.5 per month.
Now that you have learned how to determine how many watts does an electric skillet use, you can easily compute your energy consumption with your appliance. Remember, the amount of electricity you consume depends on the wattage of your appliances and the frequency of their use.
Save energy, save the Earth!