How Long To Reheat Pizza In The Oven
Who needs a big meal when you can have pizza? You can easily cook or have one delivered at your doorstep. Leftovers can be stored and saved for the next day.
Then again, a cold pizza will not be as enjoyable. So, reheating is the way to go.
How long to reheat pizza in oven? We will give you a foolproof guide on reheating in the next sections. Keep reading.
Reheating Leftover Pizza
If you want to savor your leftover pizza just like a fresh pie, reheat.
Using the oven is the best method when reheating half a pizza or more. If you want to reheat one slice, you can use the microwave or your stovetop to be energy-efficient.
Use The Oven
In any method, time is indeed essential. So, it is never wrong to ask—how long do you reheat pizza in the oven?
Here is the reheating procedure when using your oven.
- Preheat your oven to 350 to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place your leftover pizza on a piece of foil.
- Then, put it directly on the middle rack.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until cheese gets bubbly. If you like your pizza crispier, bake for longer. Constantly check your pizza and never leave it unattended.
- Take your pizza out of the oven. Serve and enjoy!
Use Your Stovetop
Now that you know how long do you reheat pizza in the oven, it’s time to learn another method.
If you want to reheat a couple of slizes, an energy-efficient option is to use a skillet over your stovetop.
- Heat your regular skillet on medium heat. Wait until it’s hot.
- Place pizza slices on the pan, uncovered. Cook them for two minutes.
- Add drops of water on the side of the skillet. Do not put water on the pizza.
- Cover the pan.
- Cook for two to three minutes. Do not leave your pizza slices unattended, or you risk them getting burned.
- Use tongs to take it out of the skillet. Serve and enjoy!
Using Your Microwave
Some would also recommend using the microwave to reheat a slice of pizza, especially when you are in the office and without access to an oven or a stovetop. However, a microwaved pizza tends to be chewy then brittle when it cools off.
To avoid having a chewy crust, follow the simple steps below:
- Place your pizza on a microwave-safe plate.
- Set it on 30 to 40 percent power.
- Cook for 45 seconds. Check if it is warm through. If not, you can put it back in the microwave and heat for another 45 seconds.
- Once done, serve or consume immediately.
Pizza is a favorite to-go snack for kids and adults alike. No slice should be wasted if you know how long to reheat pizza in oven, stovetop, or microwave. If you do the reheating methods right, you will enjoy your pizza like how you did when it was freshly cooked.