How Long To Cook Steak In An Oven At 400?
As a home cook, you are always on the lookout for the best ways to prepare your favorite dishes. For today, the steak is at stake!
This article will offer you a delicious oven-baked steak recipe to answer your question: how long to cook steak in oven at 400?
If you are ready, then let’s begin.
Oven-Baked Steak Recipe
Grilling steak is fun. However, there are just days that you want to skip the grill but still enjoy a good steak. So, it might be the right time to learn this oven-baked steak recipe.
To guarantee the best results, you should start right. First of all, choose the right cut of meat for your steak. The meat should be at least an inch thick. The cut should also be well-marbled throughout so that your steak will be juicy and flavorful. For a perfect oven-baked steak, select the ribeye cut.
Once you have the best cut for steak, you can proceed with these steps. This method will also address your concern about how long to bake steak at 400.
- Preheat your oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Preheating to the right temperature aids the creation of a juicy steak.
- Dry your meat by patting it with a paper towel.
- Season your meat with salt and pepper. Or, you can also use marinades, sauce, and other herbs for seasoning.
- Take a cast-iron skillet or oven-safe pan and heat it for 3 minutes. Add two teaspoons of your oil of choice—canola oil, olive oil, or butter will work for this. Then, place the meat on the pan using tongs to avoid splatter. Sear both sides of your meat, cooking the first side for 2 to 3 minutes and the other side for 1 to 2 minutes.
- If you are using marinade or steak sauce, skip Step 4.
- Place the ovenproof pan inside the preheated oven. Make sure that the pan is uncovered.
- Baking steak at 400 degrees Fahrenheit should only take 8 to 10 minutes until the meat is at medium doneness. Place the thermometer at the center of the meat. It should read 160 degrees Fahrenheit.
- When the steak reaches the right temperature, remove it from the pan.
- Loosely cover the steak with foil.
- Let it sit for 7 to 10 minutes at room temperature before serving. With this, all the juices from the meat’s center will spread evenly to the whole of the meat.
- Serve and enjoy your tender and juicy steak!
Take note that baking time will depend on the thickness of the cut of your meat. Always use a thermometer to determine if your steak is cooked or not.
We hope that you get inspired by this recipe. Now that you know how long to bake steak at 400 oF, you can surely cook a perfect steak every time you crave for one. And why not enjoy it with a glass of wine?