How Long To Cook Chicken Legs In Oven At 350
Some are hesitant to cook chicken legs in an oven, thinking it might take too long to cook compared to other chicken parts such as thighs and breasts. Well, it's not. Let's find out how long to cook chicken legs in oven at 350 plus we'll share a recipe you can try that your family and friends will surely love.
Chicken Legs - Baking Time Guide
Few factors are affecting how long to cook chicken legs in oven at 350, such as the oven you use, the size of the drumsticks, and the meat temperature you want to achieve. Use the guide below to determine how long you will have to bake the chicken legs at a specific temperature using convection and conventional oven.
- Chicken legs at 350°F (177°C) convection or 375°F (190°C) conventional will take about 45-50 minutes
- Chicken legs at 375°F (190°C) convection or 400°F (200°C) conventional will take about 40-45 minutes
- Chicken legs at 400°F (200°C) convection or 425°F (220°C) conventional will take about 35-40 minutes
- Chicken legs at 425°F (220°C) convection will take about 35 minutes. For conventional oven, use 425°F (220°C) add a few minutes instead of setting it straight to 450°F (230°C)
Let's Bake Some Chicken
Here's a recipe you can try for dinner with your friends or family. It's deliciously easy.
Things you need:
- 3 cups of white breadcrumbs
- 1 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- 6 tbsp of chopped fresh parsley
- 4 tspn of onion powder
- 1 tbsp of Hungarian sweet paprika
- 1 tbsp of dried oregano
- 2 tspn salt
- 1 1/2 tspn pepper
- 1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) butter
- 9 tbsp of Dijon mustard
- 24 chicken drumsticks
What to do:
Step 1. Remove some moisture off the chicken legs by patting it with dry paper towels.
Step 2. Mix well the following ingredients in a separate bowl: breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, parsley, onion powder, paprika, oregano, salt, and pepper.
Step 3. In a saucepan, create a butter mixture. Do this by melting butter over medium-low heat. Once the butter melted, remove from the heat, add mustard and mix thoroughly.
Step 4. Use a basting brush and apply the butter mixture to the chicken legs.
Step 5. After basting, roll the chicken in the breadcrumb mixture. Make sure to coat it evenly.
Step 6. After coating all the chicken legs, put them in the baking sheet.
Step 7. Set the oven to 350°F or 177°C to preheat.
Step 8. Put the baking sheet inside the oven and bake for about 45 to 50 minutes.
Step 9. You may use a meat thermometer to determine if it has reached the desired cooking temperature. We suggest reaching 185°F.
Step 10. Once the chicken legs are done, take them out of the oven.
Step 11. Transfer it on a plate. Serve warm.
When baking chicken legs, you may choose to put them in the baking sheet or use a baking rack if you want to get rid of some of the fat during the baking process.